Monday 22 October 2012

Thoughts

    I love receiving letters. It is a feeling you cannot explain. They are so unexpected when you see your name peering up from all of the bills and business letters in some familiar hand; it just makes your heart leap a little. The feeling of someone taking time out of their day to write and send a letter, not as a task or obligation, is truly special. I remember a time when I was seven or eight years old, and I had just moved into this town and looking out the window ever morning for any news of my friends in Surrey that the postman might bring. Since then, my correspondence has altered and the content may have changed but the excitement never fades. Maybe it is the old fashioned side of me which has fallen in love with the simple systems that used to operate the world.
    I heard a voice of a lady in an interview today who sounded so magical. I found myself hanging on her every word as if the future depended on it. Her voice was so enticing and her words so poetic that they needed to be recorded the cherished because the way she spoke was so soft, and even though the broadcast was to millions of people, you felt as if you were hearing the voice of a long forgotten friend speaking only to you. 

    On a similar train of thought, have you ever met someone who, as you part ways for the day, you just cannot wait to see again because all that matters at that moment to you is getting to know them even better. Sometimes it is inconvenient but since when is anything? But we do it anyway. 
"All I know is we said hello,
 And your eyes look like coming home 
All I know is a simple name,
 Everything has changed" 
Taylor Swift & Ed Sheeran
Everything Has Changed

    These are just some of the things going on in my head this evening. Enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment