Saturday 18 February 2012

Exeter Travels

The last couple of days I have been in Exeter with my family. The journey took around 5 hours which wasn't too bad but was definitely long enough for an overnight trip. On the way there, we stopped off in Dorchester and had breakfast in a cafe called the 'Horse with the Red Umbrella' which was lovely. The people there were so nice and food was so tasty and welcome as I'd been up for quite a long time.

This is an image in Exeter of a wedding dress shop and it was either the building or the shop which was called the building that moved, I don't remember. I just loved how the floors got bigger and I am a sucker for old buildings and streets.








We spent the day wondering around the city and I did a bit of unsuccessful dress shopping in a shop called Catwalk where all of the women were so helpful and lovely but I didn't get one. The place we stayed at was called 'Mill Farm Bed and Breakfast' and it was lovely! It is on a farm and the house was beautiful and the couple were so friendly and I would definitely recommend it. 
The place we ate at in the evening was called the 'Anchor Inn' and if you like food, you will love this place! It is a 450 year old pub that is known for their delicious sea food which I was a huge fan of.  As you can see in the bottom image, my sister had enough food to feed at least two people with a huge bowl of muscles, a baguette and a bowl of chips. She didn't manage to eat it all sadly. 
I was a lovely few days out but I'm not a city person so when we got to where the restaurant and the B&B were it was such a relief for me. I definitely recommend going to Exeter as it is a really nice city.

No comments:

Post a Comment