Tuesday 7 February 2012

Looking Back

    Change is inevitable and I want to look back on this time and see that I have made the most of being here, now and building things up and letting other things go because they tear you down. 





          


           I wrote a song about this back in primary school: 
"Isn't it funny how day by day, nothing changes,
But when you look back, everything is different;
because when I look back next time, it'll still see life through my eyes
but maybe then, I'll understand this life"
    
    I haven't thought about that song in years, but I can still remember that it was about a girl, a friends older sister who I had known for a few years and was getting into a lot of trouble and was rebelling against everything that she knew and had grown up with, and I found a picture of all of us a few years before and she looked so untroubled and peaceful, and I hadn't noticed her growing up but all of a sudden, everything had changed for her. 
    She was ashamed of her past and if I have learned anything from her it is to accept the past, and not be ashamed of it. That was who you were then and that was what you wanted. Looking back on it, you may see that it was wrong, but it is your history and if you deny that, what will you learn from?
    

No comments:

Post a Comment